- HCS 449 Entire Course /2017 version/
HCS 449 Week 1 Assignment What is a Business Plan
In this course you will develop a business plan for a community hospital that is considering the addition of an urgent care center. Each week you will complete content needed for your business plan. The purpose of this plan is to evaluate the feasibility of the service and make a recommendation on the location and structure of the center. It will serve as a roadmap. The plan will help you analyze and evaluate marketing, financial and economic considerations, and technology needs to help you make the best decision on location, services offered, and operational structure.
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that is an education tool showcasing your knowledge of the business plan process and its purpose.
Explain the purpose of a business plan.
Explain the types of information and data you might include in a business plan and why that data would be meaningful to the plan.
Describe how the information provided would be organized to lead the audience to a conclusion and decision.
Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your presentation.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Include a title page, detailed speaker notes, and a reference page.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 449 Week 2 Assignment Signature Assignment SWOT Analysis
Signature Assignment: SWOT Analysis
Review the SWOT Analysis Microsoft® PowerPoint® prior to completing this assignment.
Based on the Community Hospital scenario located in this week's required reading, conduct a SWOT analysis to generate a list of perceived strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for the health care organization.
Strengths and weaknesses are traits internal to the health care organization (e.g., strong physician loyalty to hospital, aging building, and availability of financial resources).
Opportunities and threats are external to the health care organization (e.g., a mall facility available for lease or a competitor organization opening two physician practices in your market).
Use the SWOT Analysis worksheet provided to complete this assignment.
Write a 700- to 1,400-word analysis that incorporates the key components of a SWOT analysis for the scenario described above to generate a list of perceived strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. The analysis will include the following:
Analyze how this SWOT analysis will be used to form a final recommendation in the full business plan.
Analyze the limitations and advantages of conducting a SWOT analysis on your own (versus with a group of stakeholders).
Use the table provided to record your analysis of the information from the strategic planning scenario and generate two factors for each of the SWOT categories (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats).
Cite at least 1 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
HCS 449 Week 2 Assignment Certifications and Continuing Education in Your Professional Role
Select one of the following options to complete this assignment:
- Your current role in a hospital setting
- A professional role, such as an administrator, nurse, respiratory therapist, health information specialist, physical therapist, or radiology technologist
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that summarizes certifications and continuing education that would be appropriate for a professional role in a hospital or other applicable health care setting.
- Identify a professional organization that would provide professional development opportunities for the role you selected.
- Describe professional development and other opportunities the professional organization would provide to you as a member.
- Explain the importance of being a member in a professional organization.
- Include the link to this organization.
Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your assignment.
HCS 449 Week 4 Assignment Business Recommendations
Review the supplied data presented in the Business Plan Scenario.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you identify and recommend technology needs, hours of operation, and services offered for the health care organization.
Include the following in your paper:
- Recommend which services should be provided at the center and describe why they are appropriate at this site.
- Describe the hours of operation and why you recommend those hours.
- Describe the major equipment and technology needed to provide the recommended service. Include a projected cost for that equipment.
- Discuss the type of corporation you think the center should consider (e.g., a department of the hospital or an LLC) and why.
Cite at least 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
HCS 449 Week 5 Signature Assignment: Business Plan Presentation
Signature Assignment: Business Plan Presentation
Resources: Week Two SWOT Analysis assignment, Week Three Staffing Matrix, and Week Four Business Recommendation assignment.
Now it is time to put all of the elements of your business plan together and present it to the governing board of the Community Hospital. This board is comprised of the president of the organization, four business leaders from the community, and three leaders of the medical staff.
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that summarizes your business plan. Include the following in your presentation:
· Evaluate the market and demographic data provided in the scenario.
o Include and discuss the SWOT analysis.
o Indicate the location you selected for the urgent center and why.
· Analyze the type of corporation proposed for the center.
o E.g., department of the hospital or an LLC
· Evaluate the equipment and technology needed at the center to deliver the intended services.
o Do you recommend leasing or purchasing the equipment?
o How does your recommendation impact the revenue and expenses?
· Analyze quality management elements applicable to the center and the proposed services.
o How you will monitor the quality of care at the center?
· Analyze financial information needed to sustain the center
o What are your projected revenue, expenses, and staffing figures?
· Provide your final recommendation for the center based on your business plan analysis.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Include a title slide, detailed speaker notes, and a references slide.
If you use resources outside of the information provided in the assignment, be sure to cite your references using correct APA formatting.