Assignment 4: Presentation to the Board
Due Week 10, worth 150 points
You’ve done a tremendous amount of planning, research, and strategizing in your role as the task force leader. It’s now time to bring it all together. You will create a presentation in which synthesize your research and recommendations from the first three assignments.
As you know, the ability to create and deliver strong presentations is a critical skill for all managers, leaders, and employees. You can improve this skill through practice. In this final assignment, you will have the opportunity to hone your presentation skills.
- Decide which method of presentation you will use: PowerPoint with narration, where you use Kaltura to record your screen as you talk (screencast), or a video presentation in which you use your webcam and Kaltura to record yourself presenting. Make time to practice!
- Prepare by reviewing these resources (access links in course shell):
- Structuring an Effective Presentation
- How to Deliver an Effective Presentation
- Death by PowerPoint
- Screen Recording – for PowerPoint
- Record and Upload a Video – for video with webcam
Create a PowerPoint slide presentation with narration (8-10 slides recommended) or a 5-7 minute video presentation (do not exceed 7 minutes, as this may present file size issues) for the Board of Directors. Include these components:
- Assignment 1 Executive Summary
Use the executive summary from Assignment 1 to prepare and present the key elements associated with your research and recommendations.
- Assignment 2 Executive Summary
Use the executive summary from Assignment 2 to prepare and present the key elements associated with your research and recommendations.
- Assignment 3 Executive Summary
Use the executive summary from Assignment 3 to prepare and present the key elements associated with your research and recommendations.
- Speaker’s Notes
Include speaker’s notes for each slide (or a bulleted script if using video) to indicate what you will say as you deliver the presentation to the Board of Directors.
Deliver your presentation with professional presence. Upload your PowerPoint screencast or video presentation following the instructions in the Kaltura videos above.